Europcar’s Minor Damage Waiver offers peace of mind when you are unsure of your destination and its surroundings. It is designed to reduce the costs related to, and time spent on, minor damages to your rental vehicle. Damage costs up to R2 500 will be covered if you select this product.
What is the Minor Damages Waiver ?
After undertaking extensive research, it has been found that there is a significant amount of what is termed ‘minor’ damages in the Car Rental Industry. These are the type of damages which are minor dents and scratches. These incidents generally occur at shopping centres or garages and although minor, still require repairs. This adds additional cost and time investment from you, the renter. The Minor Damage waiver has been introduced as a first to the South African market to alleviate this process, making the claim hassle free and affordable.
How it Works
- Simply select Minor Damages Waiver when making your next booking.
- Europcar will automatically cover your Minor Damages up to R2500
- We will also cover your liability in respect of the first R2500 damage in the unfortunate event of a more substantial incident.
The Minor Damage Waiver does not cover the following:
- Any damage caused by water.
- Any damage to the undercarriage of the vehicle.
- Damage to tyres & windscreen – please see our Tyre & Windscreen cover.
- Lost or stolen vehicles.